Saturday, November 06, 2010

Chin Lee Restaurant @ Bedok North Road

For our grandma's 82nd (or 83rd I can't remember :X) birthday my cousin recommended this place to have the celebration 'cos it was near his workplace and according to him it was always packed during lunchtime so it must be good! Near to his workplace but so very far for my family... This place is at Bedok! So if you stay around that area, read on! 

It's one of those surprisingly good Chinese restaurant under HDB flats. This one serves Teochew fare and when we reached there, I was surprised at the crowd! The place was practically full house! Ok actually it was full house... Maybe it was also because it's a Sunday night. I forgot to take a photo of the interior, because it looks very presentable, cozy and comfortable. The washrooms are clean as well, almost hotel standards. Almost.


We ordered the $388++ package. First up is the longevity buns!


My favourite dish during all (wedding) dinners - Cold Dish. 

Shark's fin


Steamed pomfret Teochew style - one of my favourite fishies, nicely steamed and very fresh as well.





This is one of their signature dishes - Coffee Pork Ribs. When it arrived the aroma of coffee was oh-so-strong, it was lovely! This photo isn't very well-taken 'cos all of us couldn't wait to tuck in! I think if you order this dish ala carte it's $10. It was flavourful and tender. Very nice. It was a tad too salty though, would've gone great with rice!


By the time the noodles arrived we were so full already! Before/After this there was steamed prawns as well. I was just too full to take any more photos and so sat slumped back in my seat. The noodles were average only, slightly bland in comparison to the other dishes.


Dessert - Orh Nee (Yam paste) with Pumpkin. Not much of a fan of this hot dessert but it's always on the menu when it comes to this kind of dinners...especially when the older generation is around!

They call this the "kung fu tea". You're supposed to drink this after eating the Orh Nee 'cos the dessert is sweet and this tea, slightly bitter.


If you work/stay/study around the area, I would really recommend you to give this restaurant a try! Good for family dinners. Though since I stay at AMK, it's unlikely that I will go back again unless... next year we celebrate Grandma's birthday at the same place again! :)

How much was spent: $388+ for 9 (or was it 10?) course meal, 10 pax per table
Would I go back again? Yes for family celebratory dinners!

Address: Blk 115 Bedok North Road #01-285
Tel: +65 6444 5554

Opening Hours
Mon–Fri: 11.30am–2.30pm, 6pm–10.30pm
Sat–Sun: 10.30am–2.30pm, 5.30pm–10.30pm

No comments: