Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Hacienda Cafe @ Dempsey


Brunch is all the rage these days, and my friend and I were looking for a new brunch place besides the well-known Jones the Grocer, Wild Honey, and Riders Cafe to name just a few. All credit goes to her for recommending this awesome brunch place called Hacienda Cafe, which is tucked at an inconspicuous corner (they all are, aren't they?) at Dempsey Road.

So what is it that makes this place different from the rest? In a phrase, affordable, delicious brunch in a quiet, intimate ambience. You almost feel like you're visiting somebody's home when you step into the premises.


Even the table cloth is a whimsical pink polka-dot pattern, which was very charming indeed! 
 


Have you ever wondered to yourself as you stare at the bacon and eggs on your plate if it's really worth its price? I have, so I was pleasantly surprised with the reasonable prices that Hacienda Cafe had to offer. I ordered an Eggs Benedict, $13.50 , apparently a must-try dish from their kitchen. I kid you not when I say that this is one of the best Eggs Benedict I've ever tasted. The hollandaise sauce was just right, not too overpowering on the taste buds but providing sufficient flavour to the dish. The eggs were very skillfully poached, with the egg yolk oozing out at a mere touch from the fork, and the bacon and ham, too, was of good quality; not too salty, and giving the dish an additional boost.



I ordered a Cafe Latte too to accompany the dish. It was sufficient to fulfill my coffee craving, but truth be told, the quality of the coffee was average and there was nothing much that stood out about it.

Service staff were just all-right, not as friendly as I would have expected, but they were responsive and accommodating enough to our requests.

All in all, Cafe Hacienda offers a nice, intimate setting in which you can unwind while having delicious brunch at reasonable prices. If the latte is anything to go by, the beverages are not as fantastic as its food, but overall this place is worth every penny, and is a nice place to hang out in with your friends for a lazy Sunday (or off-day, for that matter).

How much was spent: Approximately $20 per pax (inclusive of GST)
Would I come back again?: Yes!

Address: 13A Dempsey Rd, (S)249674
Tel: +65 6476 2922





3 comments:

charlynn said...

looks good, i feel like going there!

ZH said...

yeah me too! haha this is actually written by my friend! :D

charlynn said...

oh, haha. i was wondering how come you seem like you have time to visit so many places for food!! you can do a review for Hatched this Sunday then! :P