Monday, December 06, 2010

Chili's Grill & Bar @ Tanglin Mall

The drought of entries has hereby ended with the end of exams, and now there's backlog again! Have been indulging my taste buds these few days. Ended up at Tanglin Mall on Saturday before going to church, wanted to have a small bite before leaving, so we entered Chili's. There're only two branches in Singapore, and we thought since we weren't going to the RWS branch anytime soon, we decided on this.

Chili's offers American and Mexican cuisine. Looking at the menu reminded me of the Mexican feast my friend E whipped up for a bunch of us after coming back from Mexico. Mexican cuisine is colourful and tasteful, and I find it uncommon in Singapore. I love the tiled tabletops of the restaurant.

 

Since we were not that hungry, we only ordered a starter to share. Starters and mains don't come cheap here, as the dish we ordered cost $21.90!

 

Triple Play $21.90 - Combo of three favourite starters, made up of chicken crispers, boneless buffalo wings and Southwestern eggrolls, and some celery sticks. I find myself munching happily away on the celery sticks. I'm not a fan of celery, but the dips make them really delicious. One thing I love about Mexican food is the dips! And E (the friend) definitely makes real yummy dips from scratch. Apart from sour cream, we couldn't tell what the other two dips were though, haha. Nevertheless they were all oh-so-good.
 


First thing we tried was the eggroll. Crisp, fragrant and filled with Mexican goodness of black beans, chicken and actually-I-don't-what. I was too busy chewing away and enjoying the tasty treat. I was nodding away in approval and I think a gentleman from across the aisle saw my satisfied expression and asked the waiter what we were having and he ordered the same too hahaha.


The chicken crispers looked like Long John Silver's chicken pieces from the outside, but not be fooled. There is so much less flour and the chicken so much more tender. I love it too! The buffalo wings though, I don't think I would ever want to eat it again. The sauce is much too sour for my liking. Nonetheless, I would recommend this dish if you're eating with, let's say, 4 people at a table, share the delights and other selections on the menu. 

How much was spent: $15 per pax
Would I come back again? Probably, if not for the location. So many more dishes to try out, but the location is really out of the way :(





Address: 163 Tanglin Road #02-23  Tanglin Mall Singapore
Tel: +65 6733 3317

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i had some butter/garlic prawns for appetizers and w my main course the last time i went abt a year ago. THAT WAS TO DIE FOR. for i dont see it on the menu already!! :(
-mab