Saturday, October 02, 2010

Mellben Seafood @ AMK

My family and I go to the AMK branch of Mellben Seafood once in a while for birthday celebrations because it's near where we stay! These photos were actually taken way back in March this year. If you love crabs or seafood you've gotta try Mellben! I haven't tried Jumbo Seafood but I've tried the other famous crab place at Casuarina called Ban Leong Wah Hoe Seafood Restaurant, I'm sure some of you have heard of the place before, I still like Mellben the most! The queues are crazy though.

Knowing that the queues are always crazy, we always go early, like around 6pm, to start queuing for seats. Queuing usually takes around 1 hour, and the wait for the dishes takes around another hour. Since I'm not the one paying, naturally I would be the one who's there the earliest to queue up! As you know the Chinese saying goes, 有钱出钱,没钱出力.


It's actually located within a coffee shop, and recently it took over the entire coffee shop and went under a renovation, and it looks nice now! We've tried chili crab and butter crab before and actually we've also tried Black Pepper crab but this time we still ordered Black Pepper Crabs.



Crab Bee Hoon, their specialty. I love the soup, it's those milky kind, and it tastes especially good if you put in a few chili padi. You can order extra soup/noodles for an additional charge.


We ordered a few side dishes as well, asparagus and scallops are my favourite! This is cooked with prawn paste (hei bi hiam) + XO sauce.


We order the frog legs with spring onion (and ginger I think) as well but it was so-so only.

Look at the succulent meat of the pincers. Favourite part of crabs.


All polished!



How much did I spend: Usually $22-$25 per pax
Would I go back again? Definitely.



Address: Blk 232 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 3
#01-1222 Singapore
Tel: +65 6285 6762

2 comments:

Daniel said...

Compared to Uncle Leung opposite, which do you prefer?

asecondserving said...

Hello there! Unfortunately I haven't tried Uncle Leung before! Perhaps next time I should and make a comparison :) Thanks for stopping by and suggesting!